Monday, June 16, 2008

Go Ask Alice

So, I stayed up until about 5am last night/this morning reading this book called Go Ask Alice. It's supposedly the diary of a teenage girl who gets sucked into the world of drugs.
However, the whole time I was reading it, I was questioning it too.
It turns out I was mostly right. Apparently, the Editor, Beatrice Sparks, fabricated much, if not most of the book. She claims that there was a real diary, which, ok, I'll believe. but many experts have pointed out a lot of things wrong with the idea that it is written by a 15-17 year old girl. For one, she uses big words. I don't know a lot of teenage girls who use big words like this chick, "Alice", especially not druggies. Also, the fact that Beatrice Sparks is a seriously conservative Christain and the story ends up saying that Drugs and pre-marital sex are bad and Alice eventually ends up being a good, Jesus loving girl. And then 3 weeks after she apparently decides to stop writing in the diary, she dies of a drug overdose. Now, Beatrice Sparks has admitted that her Alice did not die of an OD, but of a suicide or accident not cause by drugs.
So it was a pretty good book, considering. SHe dies, just when her life is going back to normal. How sad, right? And whether or not she died from an OD or not, thousands of people die evey year from drug OD's.
So, moral of the story, DON'T DO DRUGS KIDDIES! Unless they're non-addictive and you only do them once ;D

Ok, so now I'm going to talk about somehting my mom probably woldn't want me to, but I will anyway, just do hopefully scare people off those addictive drugs.
So, when my mom was younger, se did some drugs. And she shared her experiences with me this afternoon. Talk about a cool mom! I mean the talking about it part, not the doing drugs part. Anyway, she said she did LSD, pot, and Heroin and Cocaine. I can't remember if she said she did meth or not, but she told me to stay away from it, Heroin, and coke, so I guess she did it. She said she did Heroin and Coke fo a month, and she got really addicted to it. Once she stopped, she felt really crappy and was craving it for a year afterward. So WHATEVER YOU DO, do NOT do those. She didn't go into detail about the pot, but she said she did LSD a couple of times. SHe said that it was a pretty interesting and groovy experience, but she sort of got burned out on it after a few trips. And she also said that for a few days after a trip, you feel all hangover-y and weird and yucky and stuff.
So I probably won't be doing any drugs any time soon. But hey, who knows? I'll keep ya posted!

ANyway, onto other news, summer break is kinda boring, I'm going to Comic Con in July, and I'm not a lesbian! If you don't watch my YouTube vids, you wouldn't understand that last reference. Some idiot kept calling me a lesbo on my Talent Show vid (becaus eof my short hair), so I made a vlog about it. And why I have short hair, which, if you have read the entry of the blog, you would already know about.
So go check out my channel for updates and stuff! <3 ya guys!
~K

No comments: