Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Katie and the Apple

Ok, so I think I know what Eve saw in that apple... Ha, jk. Sorta...
So, It's about 2:30 AM right now and I totally just devoured this apple. But I did it really slowly, completely paying attention to each tasty bite. It was... AMAZING! I've never had such a tasty apple in my entire life! I swear, apples should be considered deserts. I can't explain to you how amazingly amazing this apple tasted. I think I'm totally addicted to apples now. God, I'm so in love with this apple. I'm almost sad because it's gone and I'm thinking there could never be such a great apple ever again. And the thing is, It didn't really look all that amazing. It ws just a regular fiji apple, but it had the sort of brownish spot on it. Not very big and noticeable, but it was there. Still, one side of it was such an amazing red color. It was sort of like... deep but not dark, with a hint of peachy and orangy colors. I should have taken a picture of this apple. It was seriously like a religious experience, this apple. I wish i could eat it again. I'm too lazy to get up and get another apple, but let me tell you, that was one SPECTACULAR apple. No words are good enough to rightly describe this apple. It was sweet enought to be a candy, but it was more like a natural sweet, like I was eating sugar... that was good for me... and tasted like an apple. It was kinda sour, but it was the perfect amount of sour. Not too sour, but just enough to add some interest to it. I can't believe this apple! I think I'm going to take the apple core and make a little shrine for it in my closet or something. Ok, that might be going a bit to far, but I tell ya, this apple deserved it! Just think, it was probably growing for many months on some tree in an orchard somewhere, and then it was picked, shipped off somewhere to be cleaned, waxed, and stickered, then it was put in a pack with some other apples, all of whom were completely jealous of this apple, then it was put in a box and shipped to costco or vons or whereve my mom got it, and then my mom, not knowing this would eventually prompt this amazing blog post, selected and bought the apple, and brought it home where, a few days later, I happened to be hungry and longing for a midnight(2:30 am) snack, and I go into my kitchen, select this apple, and start my amazing experience! I'm seriously about to cry right now, this apple was so good. I think that somehow, somewhere, sometime, I MUST have done something right to deserve this perfection in an apple! And what an apple it was!
Now you may think, "Katie, come off it. It's an apple, for goodness sakes!" BUT YOU'RE WRONG! IT ISN'T JUST AN APPLE! DG DSHGWYWNERHVIHNVJKBGRWES,YNFGMNDFJGNFJJDFHJGDFNJBGDFNBJKDBGJNDFKVMXDZJNIDFNJGDFBGVBHXDFBG!
MY APPLE! NOT YOURS! MINE!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!








I think I died.

No comments: