Wednesday, February 6, 2008

School Daze

Hilo! Ok, so I bet you're dying to know how my day at school was... So I'll appease you. ;)
Lunch: Lunch was pretty good. I practiced lines with Rebecca and Alex (Meg and Fredrich, in case you forgot), and We talked with Katerina and Katherine(Katherine is Rebecca's sister, Katerina is another drama friend. They're doing hair and make-up.) about guys we liked. Well, faous guys. We all love Christian Bale, but who couldn't He was Batman and Laurie, AND he can sing! *faint*






*stirs*
So, where was I? Right, school. Well, that was pretty much it. We discussed book IV of the Oddessey in english, which we are currently reading. Math was really the only class I was completely BORED in. I LOVE math, well algebra at least. I love finding x. I rock at that. But I love doing acual equations, but it's the classes I can't stand. We've gone through about, lets see... *counts* 7 teachers this year, and our newest one is dull as powder most of the time. Anyway, we're also doing proofs this year. I HATE PROOFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're easy enough, which makes them all the more annoying. I at least want some kind of challenge, like something that will spark my brain, but proofs are just... Proving things. And, let me tell you. I am 100% sure I am NEVER FREAKING AGAIN GOING TO USE PROOFS AGAIN! WHYTF WOULD I EVER HAVE TO USE PROOFS AS AN ACTRESS?!?!!?!?!?!?!!? GOD, IT PISSED ME OFF SO FREAKING MUCH I'D LIKE TO KILL WHOEVER WROTE OUR TEXTBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After school:
I practiced some lines, watched half of American Idol, and watched Little Women(the one with Christian Bale *drool*) I found the soundtrack to it on Rhapsody, so I was practicing lines along to the music. It was awesome! Iwas nearly sobbing when I got to the part with Beth dying. *sobs again* It's even worse than the Jo/Laurie scene! At least Laurie doesn't die!
Oh, but I just love the play so much! It's completely awesome!
We're going to start on a new section in drama: Musical theatre!!!!!!!! I pretty much screamed when Mr. Slagle told us. And we're going to study Into the Woods. I nearly screamed again. Could life get much better? I doubt it. We'll just have to see, won't we? I so can't wait till friday. We'll probly watch Into the Woods if it's too cold outside again. Which it probly will be. We seriously need an indoor stage. Ha, yeah, like that's ever going to happen. There's a big middle school down the hill from our school, so we're going to use their stage for rehersals Friday. And the performance. we're going to start doing rehersals Tuesdays as well as Fridays next week, most likely, so I'll have more to tell you.
I hope we record another podcast on Sunday. That'd be great!
Anyways, I've nearly memorized act III, and I can't wait to move on to IV. I think I have the least amount of lines in IV. And probab;y the most in II, but that's because there are 2 scenes. I think I'll go count them...
Act I: 69 lines
Act II Scene I: 65
Act II Scene II: 44
Act II (Total): 109
Act III: 39
Act IV: 27
That's...*gets out calculator because is too lazy to do it in head* 244 lines total! That doesn't seem so bad i guess... But whwen I think about it, I think the most lines I've ever had in a show were like at the most 20. Can't really remember entirely. Anyway, most of Jo's lines are pretty quick, like only a sentence or two. Some are only one or two words!
Oh, did I tell you that Jo gets to eat TWO apples on stage? YES!!! I love apples. *Sigh* but I think you've gotten that picture by now.
Since you've read this far, I shall share with you a treat: A YouTube video that is pretty much awesome. It's hard to describe. Just watch it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lSzaICNni0

No comments: