Sunday, February 24, 2008

These Days...

Ok, so my friend Mike and I were talking to each other by e-mail, and I started ranting about Miley Cyrus and the media these days, adn I sorta digressed a bit. Here's my rant:

Ok, so I was watching the Barbra Walters after-oscars special thingy, and Miley Cyrus was the first one on. She was talking on and on about how she had a WHOLE WING of her house ALL TO HERSELF! Do you know how f-ing rediculous that it? If they sold that house and got a house that was maybe a bit smaller, but still big enough for the "princess" then they could feed HUNDREDS of people with the leftover money! There are people in India who are SLAVES and for $50 you can free one of them. Do you know how many people that celebrities could FREE with that money? They could give people BACK THEIR LIVES! And instead, they decide that, oh no, they'd rather sit i=on their gold-plated toilets and watch their 50" plasma screen TV! No, FORGET 50", that would be insulting. It's more like 100"! Not to mention they watch it in High Definition, because normal TV isn't good enough. Oh, no! The football game actually looks like it's on a TV! I have to go out and buy a TV so it'll seem like I'm actually at the game, even though it would be cheaper to just go to the game itself! Oh, back to Miley. She is 15 years old, and she gets her own WING!!!??!!!??!?!?!??!?!?! Are you KIDDING ME? It has its own flipping entrance too! I won't be surprised if she ends up pregnant next! Hollywood is getting REDICULOUS! I mean, do these people really NEED gigantic mansions and 10 cars and billions of dollars? NO THEY DON'T! If middle class families can get by with less than 100 grand a year, then so can they! If I ever get famous, I'll by my parents a house, by myself a nice little apartment in New York, make sure I have enough money for the nessecities, and donate the rest to charities, maybe FREE SOME SLAVES, while I'm at it! There is so much wastefulness, so much buying and selling, buying and selling, people forget what really matters! Friends, family, love, LIVING, dreams, OUR PLANET! They're killing the planet, already! All of these High-tech devices and gold-plated toilets are draining the planet of its resources. There'll be nothing left after a while! If the Native Americans could survive without TV and computers, why not us? We've become so hooked on this stuff! Even I'm guilty of it! I've become addicted to the computer! But at least I take some time to smell the roses! I dance around, I EAT! I'm not stick-thin, but I'm happy! I'd rather be me than someone else any day! What is even the point of being skinny, anyway? What does it gain you in life? Unfortunately, these days, it can gain you a lot, if you want to be a model or a, well, model is all I can think of right now. For REAL things, you need a BRAIN. You need skills and the ability to solve problems. Life isn't perfect! You need to be able to take what life throws at you, or you'll be crushed by it! Why do you think that there are so many teen suicides these days? There is so much emhisis in the media about looking perfect, being the perfect friend, boyfriend/girlfriend. There is NO SUCH THING AS PERFECT!
Ok, if I keep going, I'll be writing for hours. See what my brain does to me sometimes? XP

No comments: