Friday, February 8, 2008

Why?

I got home today and watched Sydney White (the one w/ Amanda Bynes based on Snow White), and ate about 10 tons of chocolate. Why? I'll tell you.
Well, today started out pretty good. Great, in fact. I spent all day looking forward to Drama and rehersals. Drama was fun. We played a couple of improv games and that was awesome. Mr. Slagle was about 15 minutes late, though. I went to peek in the office window, and saw him talking to Mrs. Bass, our secratary. I though nothing of it at the time. Well, last week we had a little scare. We thought the show might not go on, but it was all resolved, thanks to Mrs. Bass.
Well, today, before rehersals, Mr. Slagle told the cast to come into the media center, where we've done rehersals for the past 3 weeks. We were going to be down at the middle school, but... I'm getting to that.
Anyway, Mr. Slagle said he needed to talk with us. Right away, I thought "bad..." and it just got worse. Mr Slage said that Little Women might be cancelled. He said there was some issue with funding and storage and sets and some prick, Mr. Mull, the principal of the school we want to do the play at, has done some idiotic things. Here, I'll list them. Well, HE came to Mr. Slagle and told him that he would love it if LW was performed at LMS(the school)'s auditorium. Well, Mr. Slagle loved the idea, and Mr. Mull gave him some dates that we could perform on, and he said that we could definately practice there every friday. WELL, the asshole has booked OTHER events on the days HE ALREADY FREAKING PROMISED TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear, I want to strangle him! oh, and it just gets better. Mr. Mull doesn't want his lighting and sound equipment being handled by anyone other than these 2 people he knows, and on the days he suggested for the performances, he has them DOING SOME STUPID PARADE! So, that means NO LIGHTING OR SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to send him a very angry e-mail. I even found his e-mail address, but I don't know what to write. I've tried a few different messages. Most are realtively polite, because he wouldn't listen to some raving lunatic, but I just can't write it right. ANy ideas?
So, while Mr. Slagle was saying all of this to us, I was tearing up, but not outright crying. Then, he said, "All right, take a 5 minute break to get water or cry or whathever" I started bawling. I couldn't stop it for a few minutes. It's my FIRST leading role, and It might not even go on.
I mean, I'm not even all that upset at ALL THE FREAKING WORK I PUT INTO THIS! I memorized MOST of the freaking play, already! But it's not that. I've psyched myslef out for this, I'v ebeen so excited. I screamed and jumped and danced around my house when I found out I was Jo. I have been so into this whole thing, researching 19th century ettiquite, watching any version of LW i could get my hands on, practicing lines and trying to get the PERFECT inflection on each line, all 224 of them(I counted the lines, remember?). Almost every blog post on here has SOMETHING to do with LW. Hell, I eaven wrote a POEM about it! I then wrote ANOTHER from Jo's POV(I wasn't able to record that one). I learned how to fake-sob for the Beth dying scene. I am just so into this whole thing and I can't wait for it to take off, and then I find out that It might just all go away, and It was all for nothing? You see why I'm so upset? I've put so much love and energy into this, and I don't want to see it all slip away.
So, during my little bawling scene, Mike and Alex were being total sweethearts. Mike put his arm around me, and Alex let me hug him and totally cry on him. I felt like a total idiot, but them comforting me really helped.
I just don't want this all to be for nothing.
Oh, great, I'm crying again. 1 sec...
Back.
I fell like I've lost a best friend. This is one of my dream-roles, second only to Christine in POTO, and Elphaba in Wicked. My Mom's name is Jo, my middle name is Jo. MY grandma's name is Beth and her sister is Meg. I'm named afther Katherine Hepburn because my mom loved that version of LW. I have so many ties to it and I just....
I need to take a really lnog bath right now. with lost of bath salts. and chocolate.

No comments: