Friday, February 1, 2008

Little Women/Drama Class

Ok, So today was a pretty fun day, besides the video editing hell. There was plenty of tomfoolerey going on between my peers and myself. Of all the days to NOT bring a camera, right? Anyway, Let's move on to the more interesting subjects: Lunch, Drama class, and Little Women rehersals!
Lunch:
Lunch was good. I had a tasty HotPocket and my dork guy friends and I played a good game of Kick Volley(You'll see what that is if you see the video. Or are one of the dorks I play it with.) It was a pretty spiffy lunch period which ended too early, as lunch periods tend to do.
Drama Class:
Drama was just Plummy! We reviewed the areas on a stage i.e. stage directions, flyspace, precenium(sp?) arch, etc. After that, we played pictionary, debated Nicholas Cage, did some math(we were in the math room), played hangman, and watched The Princess Bride. We would have done some improv, but it was freezing outside. We went into the math room, as I said earlier, which is tiny, so, no room for improv.
Little Women:
We FINALLY got our official scripts. I got one to practice with before, but now I have my official one which I can mark in. Yay! Oh, we have to memorize our lines by, at the latest, mid-march. EEK! I suppose that's not too short a time, but I've never had such a ginormous part before! Anyway, Mike, who is John Brooke, was at rehersals today. He had the flu our last rehersal. That wa 2 weeks ago, because our school had a Guitar Hero chapionship thing last week. Anyway, Alex wasn't there because he had to babysit the younglings of his houshold, or so Mr. Slagle (our director), told us. Oliver, our head Tech guy, stood in for Bhear in his absence. While we were doing the scene where Fredrich proposes, Alyssa (Aunt March) piped in saying, "I think Jo and Bhear should kiss, too." And the rest of the class seemed to think that would be just dandy. So, I might be kissing TWO guys in the play. Gee, great. I mean, I'm not completely inexperienced in the whole kissing department, but It's different kissing on stage. Hmmmm... not quite sure about how I'd feel. I mean, I'd be ok with whatever Mr. Slagle decides to do, but... Oh, I don't know!!!
I just know I'm gonna het a heaping mound of teasing for it either way. :P Mike was already teasing me after Rehersals today. But I got him back by teasing him and Rebecca (Meg) about their parts. Then we pretended to kill eachother. YAY! It was all in good fun.
Well, I'll post soon! Thanks for reading! :)

~K

No comments: